Age Requirements and Documents:
The registered driver must be at least 20 years old and have held a full drivers license for at least 12 months. You must have a valid driver's license passport and a credit card to rent a auto at Road Travel Car Hire.
In Iceland it is compulsory for kids to be seated in safety seats while travel in vehicles.Safety seats are available for pre order.
Drop-off and pickup at the airport, our office or in Reykjavik area
We reserve the privilege to substitute vehicles if the booked automobile is not available at the time of rental or is damaged in the rental period. The substitute car may be of another type but equal in size and capability or better.
All our vehicles run on petrol. We deliver the car with a full tank and the automobile should be returned with a full tank. If the fuel tank is less than full we will round it off and charge for the extra fuel as well as a small refill charge according to our pricelist at given time.
3rd party responsibility is like the amount specified by Icelandic law at every time. This also applies to the quantity of individual driver liability. 3rd party coverage and personal accident insurance is included in your rental.
Collision (Crash) Damage Waiver (CDW):
3rd party liability insurance shall be identical to the amount specified by Icelandic law at the time. The lessee is totally responsible for any and all damage to the auto. Usually by buying CDW the lessee can insure himself against the disbursement of the driver liability the amount of the own-risk charge is according to lessor'ss pricelist at given time and is stated on the front side of the rental lease CDW is included in the price of all our rental cars.The lessee is able to buy a Super Collision Damage Waiver SCDW and by doing so further lower the own-risk the amount of the own-risk fee is according to lessor's pricelist at given time and is also stated on the front side of the rental agreement.
SCDW insurance covers the driver's liability in excess of 600 Euros for 2WD and 1000 Euros for 4WD or mini-buses. However no insurance covers damages to the bottom of the rented auto or damages due to driving through rivers or any type of waterways. CDW and SCDW do not cover such damages. Such damages are always the lessees full responsibility. Please see more about insurance in the articles here below.
Gravel Protection (GP):
The lessee can buy GP this protection includes damage to windscreen headlights paintwork and other bits of the car damaged by gravel that gets thrown at the vehicle by passing cars or approaching traffic.
Theft (Burglary) Protection TP:
The lessee can get TP this protection insures the lessee from liability should the car be stolen. It is noted that in the event of gross negligence on behalf of the lessee that leads to burglary of the auto the TP is void. The lessee isn't permitted to leave Iceland in the leased automobile!
Tax Local value added tax (VAT 25,5%):
VAT is included in all costs and is non refundable.
Reservation and Cancellation Policy:
A credit card imprint will be taken at the beginning of all rentals for security reasons even if a voucher covers the cost of the rental. This card imprint could be used to pay all extra charges like extra insurance speeding and parking fines damages or cost apart from mentioned in the contract due to lessees utilisation of the leased vehicle.The general rule is that we charge your credit card at the day of booking the vehicle. If you have special wishes referring to payment please touch base will us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Minimum rental period is 24 hours If a vehicle is delivered over an hour late an additional 24 hours will be charged. Maximum rental period is 30 days if longer rental is needed please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Cancellation policy is as follows:
Cancellation 30 days prior or more - no charge.
Cancellation 15 to 29 days prior - 10% charge.
Cancellation 7 to 14 days prior - 15% charge.
Cancellation 6 days prior or no-show - 30% charge.
Duties of the Lessee:
1. The lessee agrees to the provisions of this lease and has received a copy of it.
2. The lessee will return the vehicle
- and all accessories, including tires and tools in the condition they were in when received with the exception of ordinary wear due to use
- on the date stipulated by this lease unless otherwise agreed
- to the lessor's premises, unless otherwise agreed
3. If the lessee doesn't return the automobile at the time agreed on in this lease or doesn't declare his intention to extend the lease the lessor or the police are permitted to recover the auto without any notice and at the lessee's cost. Extending the lease is conditional on the agreement of the lessor. If the lessee returns the automobile 1 hour or later after the lease has expired the lessor is allowed to demand up to 24-hours rental under the provisions of this lease.
4. The automobile shall be handled and driven meticulously. Only those named as drivers on the 1st page of this agreement are allowed to drive the auto. The lessee is responsible for damage caused by usage of the car for which no compensation will be paid by the vehicle's insurance firm. This includes damages to the auto and injury to passengers because of the following:
- Off road driving
- Driving across streams or any kind of water course
- Deliberate acts or gross negligence
- Use of intoxicants by the driver
- Car use that repudiates Icelandic law and/or the provisions of this lease.
5. In the event of a collision or accident the lessee shall straight away notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the lessor of the situation and the lessee may not leave the scene before the police have arrived.
6. The number of kilometers km the vehicle is driven while this lease is in force is determined by reading an ordinary odometer supplied with the vehicle by the manufacturer. The lessee shall give notice to the lessor as quickly as possible if the odometer is out of order or stops working during the term of the lease.
7. The lessor is not responsible for the disappearance of or damage to property that the lessee or any other party leaves in or transports with the vehicle.
8. The lessee consents to pay the lessor upon request:
- A deposit amounting to the projected cost of hiring the auto
- Any and all expenses suffered by the lessor if he has got to bring the auto back to his premises in the event that it has been left somewhere without supervision without regard to the disposition of the car the roads or the weather.
9. The lessee is not allowed to have repairs done or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories or to put the automobile up as any kind of security without the previous consent of the lessor.
10. The lessee is responsible for all parking meter charges and fines for breaking traffic laws.
11. The lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment loan it to others or sublease it.
Duties of the Lessor:
12. The lessor undertakes to supply the vehicle at the agreed time and to see that it meets the demands made for it.
13. If the auto malfunctions the lessor shall supply the lessee with a comparable automobile as soon as possible. If the damage isn't major the lessor is sanctioned to have repairs done on the auto after obtaining the lessee's consent.
14. The lessor shall inform the lessee of the content of this agreement especially as regards the obligations that the lessee undertakes by signing it.
15. The lessor shall inform a foreign lessee regarding Icelandic traffic rules traffic signs and laws banning off road driving. The lessor shall particularly mention the perils deriving from animals on the roads.
16. If the lessor wants to restrict usage of the auto with respect to its hardware andor road conditions this shall be done in writing when this lease is signed.
17. The lessor undertakes to maintain valid liability insurance for his business operations.
18. The lease sum/rental charge includes mandatory vehicle insurance including liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner.
19. Third-party liability insurance will consist of the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at any particular time.
20. The lessee can purchase separate accident All-risks insurance. This policy will designate the amount deductible in each instance of loss.
21. The CDW and SCDW do not cover the following:
- Intentional damage or damage due to gross laxity on the part of the driver
- Damage resulting from the driver being under the effects of alcohol stimulants or sedatives or in another way incapable of driving the automobile in a safe manner
- Damage due to race or test driving
- Damage due to war revolution civil unrest riots
- Damage done by animals
- Holes burned into seats carpets or mats
- Damage having an effect on only wheels tires suspension batteries glass apart from windows radios or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this
- Damage caused by driving on coarse roads to the vehicle's transmission drive other parts that are in or attached to the framework damages to the frame resulting from the car scraping bottom on coarse roads on account of ridges being. Left by road graders stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to hurt occurring when stones are thrown up striking the bottom of the automobile during driving
- Damage as a result of driving in places where car traffic is banned such as trails tracks banks of snow ice unbridged brooks or streams beaches places only accessible at low tide or other trackless areas. However compensation will be paid for damage if the driver is made to leave the road for instance due to road repairs.
- Damage caused by sand gravel ash pumice or other sorts of earth material being blown onto the auto.
- If the auto is transported by sea no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea sprayseawater.
- In other instances reference is made to the general conditions for CDW and SCDW insurance.
22. The lessee may purchase special Gravel protection GP Theft protection TP.
23. This lease agreement shall always be kept in the auto during the term of the lease.
24. Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall be made in writing.
25. Icelandic law applies to agreements made based on the terms cited above. This includes any claims for compensation that could be made. This applies both to the base for and the calculation of compensation. The same thing is applicable to claims for damages based mostly on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning this lease agreement they're going to be heard before the lessor's legal locale.
26. It should be indicated that disputes between the parties to this lease agreement can be submitted to the active SettlementArbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumers Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association.